Global Experiences ScholarshipAwarded to College of Science Students incorporating international experience into their undergraduate degree
The Eberly College of Science supports increasing the accessibility and affordability of study abroad for all interested undergraduate students. The Office of Science Engagement administers the Global Experiences Scholarship to qualified students participating in Penn State study abroad programs.
Eligibility and Selection
Recipients must be full-time, undergraduate, Eberly College of Science majors or pre-majors enrolled in one of the following types of for-credit international activities:
- Semester, academic year, or summer study abroad programs through Penn State’s Education Abroad office.
- Short term embedded courses taught by PSU faculty.
Recipients shall be selected from eligible applicants based on a number of factors, including financial need, application responses, program content, program length, program cost, and study abroad experience. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that all eligible applicants will receive a scholarship.
Award amounts will vary based on scholarship availability, scholarship requirements, and program details. The typical award amount averaged award is $1,000.
- Winter break programs, including Tropical Field Ecology (BIOL 499A)
- Spring semester programs
- Spring break programs, including Coastal Biology (BIOL 482) and Anatomy in Italy
- Summer faculty-led programs, including Biology of Eco-Health (BIOL 498A), BMB Shanghai (BMB 460), Cancer Biology (BIOL 416), Renewable Energy (PHYS 299), and PHYS Shanghai (PHYS 499).
- Fall semester programs
- Academic year programs
Award Recipient Notification and Distribution
Students will be notified by email of scholarship decisions. Every effort will be made to notify recipients prior to the program commitment deadline.
Awards will be distributed to the student’s bursar account for the abroad semester. The award will be removed from the student’s bursar account if the student withdraws from the program, does not participate in the program, or the program is cancelled.
124 Ritenour Building
University Park, PA 16802
Vacant – Direct all questions to Tomalei Vess
Dr. Tomalei Vess
Dr. Ann Marie Daniel