Short-Term Science Programs Abroad
Short-Term Programs AbroadSpend a summer, winter or spring break abroad!
Anatomy in Italy - BIOL 475N
Study the evolution of anatomy in Renaissance Italy Learn more about BIOL 475N
Biological Oceanography Techniques-BIOL 497
Study Biological oceanography while learning skills to sail an ocean-faring sailboat. Learn more about BIOL 497 here.
Biology of Eco-Health - BIOL 498A
Study the regional ecology and human-environment interaction along the Serengeti plains
Cell Development & Cancer Biology - BIOL 416
Renewable Energy – PHYS 299
Tropical Field Ecology - BIOL 499A
Gain valuable research experience while studying the ecology of Costa Rica during winter break
Coastal Biology - BIOL 482
Research coral reefs with this spring semester course that travels to Curacao over spring break
An Intoduction to Deep Learning - MTH 497
Travel to Beijing, China to study Mathematics at Peking University. Also, explore the Great Wall and the Forbidden City.
Some students find a short term program is the best way to go abroad:
1. Science Courses Abroad
- Earn three credits in science while abroad for 1-3 weeks
- Taught when regular classes are not in session, to avoid “losing” a semester.
- Focused on experiential learning, whether through field study or lab research in a cross-cultural context.
- All led by faculty members from the Penn State College of Science
Explore science courses abroad using the navigation menu on the left
2. Summer or embedded programs
- Length varies from one to twelve weeks
- Students can often earn general education credit or credit towards a minor
- Search for summer (term=summer) or embedded (show=outgoing embedded) opportunities on the Education Abroad website.
124 Ritenour Building
University Park, PA 16802
Vacant – Direct all questions to Tomalei Vess
Dr. Tomalei Vess
Dr. Ann Marie Daniel